On Thursday evening, January 14th, a very special lady went home to be with the Lord. Mrs. Laurie Horne was my pastor's wife for over 3 years while we worked along side of them at Union Chapel. She was a very special friend! Union Chapel was our 1st Ministry as a couple and we are forever grateful that the Lord placed us at Union Chapel! The Lord taught us so much through that ministry and used people like Mrs. Laurie to shape and mold us. Mrs. Laurie had a love for Children and Music...which is exactly what we did there! She helped us so much and we were able to get so many ideas from her! She was so special to Jonathan and I! We both shared a love for teaching and she was able to help me get a job in Greenville as a teacher assistant! I came across several emails we exchanged during our time there and they affirmed to me how wonderful of a person she was. She was constantly encouraging me and told me several times how much she appreciated us! She welcomed us into her home and treated us like family! She was also constantly making us laugh! Yesterday during her funeral her son Josh made reference to her car which she called white lighting...Jonathan and I both remembered she called our car Red Bull! Haha! We had so much fun with white lightening and red bull and may have raced them one time at a stop light! ;) She had the best laugh and found things so funny that you couldn't help but laugh with her! We only knew her a little over three years but she shared so many stories with us we felt like we knew her a lifetime! Her family was so special to her! There was no doubt she loved them very much!! Bro Henry and Mrs Laurie served together at Union Chapel for 28 years! What an accomplishment!! They have both been inspirational to us in our ministry! She will be missed so much by all those who knew her! My heart aches for her family and the church family! I have been so blessed watching them go through this journey because they continue to give glory to God even when the pain seem unimaginable. That kind of faith only comes from knowing Christ and trusting Him!! Its one thing to praise God when things are going well...but they have shown the world how to praise Him when life is tough!! I can't imagine how tough this has been and will continue to be...but I find comfort in knowing we all know exactly where Ms. Laurie is! Her funeral ended with the congregation singing "How can I keep from singing?" I received such a blessing as we sang the words "I will sing with my last breath sing for I know that I will sing with the angels and the saints around the throne!" I know that is exactly what Mrs. Laurie has done since being in Heaven!! She has been singing with the angels! I always loved to hear her sing and how she would light up when she talked about her favorite songs!! I know her voice is just as beautiful as ever!! And I can't wait to be able to sing with her again in that Heavenly Choir!! Truly she will be missed!! Please be in prayer for her family and friends!! They will need His strength and comfort now more than ever!!! <3
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Remembering a special Friend....
Posted by Heather Huff at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Beautiful words <3
Post a Comment